Available at the Hartsville Branch Only
147 West College Ave. Hartsville SC 29550 843.332.5115 Ext. 4
HOW DOES OUR PASSPORT SERVICE WORK?
The Hartsville Branch of the Darlington County Library System is now accepting U.S. passport applications by appointment only.
To begin the process, complete the application forms available at TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the Hartsville Branch.
After completing the forms, call the Hartsville Branch at 843.332.5115 Ext. 4 to make an appointment to meet with a member of our staff who is a U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent to process your application.
Applicant(s) must have the required forms, official passport photograph, and the acceptable forms of payment at the time of the appointment. Visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV for a checklist of documents that must accompany your application.
Meet with a staff member to complete the application forms and pay the applicable fees. See the fee information below to make sure you have the correct amounts for payment.
The staff member will submit the forms and payment.
The Library offers passport services. Some passports can be renewed by mail. For information regarding passport renewals, go to TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
Passport application forms are available at the Library or by downloading them at TRAVEL.STATE.GOV (DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport).
All applicants MUST be present, regardless of age.
Fill out your application form in BLACK INK and LEAVE IT UNSIGNED—DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Before making your appointment, have your form completed as instructed.
– Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport
– For additional required documents, such as birth and identification documents, go to TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
ONE PASSPORT PHOTO
– One official 2″ x 2″ color photograph taken with the past 6 months.
– For more information on all passport photograph requirements and examples, go to Passport Photos.
– The Library does not offer passport photo services. Local retailers offering pass photo services that meet official guidelines.
PAYMENT FOR APPLICABLE FEES: Two fees are required at the time of application
– PASSPORT FEE: Check or money order made payable to the U.S. Dept. of State for passport fee.
– EXECUTION FEE: $25 ($35 effective April 3rd) execution fee to be paid to the Hartsville Memorial Library. For the execution fee ONLY, the Library accepts cash, check, or money order made payable to the Hartsville Memorial Library.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PRINTABLE FORMS, AND CURRENT PASSPORT FEES VISIT TRAVEL.STATE.GOV OR CONTACT THE NATIONAL PASSPORT INFORMATION CENTER (NPIC) VIA TELEPHONE TOLL-FREE AT 1.877.487.2778 (TDD 1.888.874.7793) OR AT NIPC@STATE.GOV . CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES AE AVAILABLE MONDAY-FRIDAY 8 A.M. – 10 P.M. EASTERN TIME. AUTOMATED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK.